Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fake body parts for sale!!


bodyperks (tm) - mocha nipple enhancement
Anyone ever heard of Bodyperks?
See, it's been close to a year I think. I created this blog to talk about not only my hair, but other things on my mind.
If you've been following my blog you know that I'm a breast cancer survivor. You know that I tried breast reconstruction & failed. You know that I had the implants removed & was using prothesis so that I could look more like a normal grown up woman.

Well lately I haven't been feeling like a grown up woman. I feel like I did as a child, stuffing my shirt to look like I got boobs! I find my 3 year old daughter doing the same- stuffing her shirt. She asked me the other day "what's that" pointing at my fake boobs. Can I tell her it's a fake boob? Do I say 'prosthesis' to a 3 year old? How can I explain why mommy's chest looks so different from hers? Wait- that just sounded stupid.
I did tell her she will get breasts when she gets older. In the meantime, I need to figure out my feelings. I have this fear of the fake boobs being noticeably fake. Sometimes I don't wear them at all. On weekends when I'm not trying to impress anyone I'll be as flat-chested at my little girl, but somehow I still want to feel like I'm a grown woman.
I think I found a little confidence booster with this product (though I haven't ordered it yet). I remember seeing something about it on Sex in the City on HBO. The girls put on these fake nipples & it was like "ALL EYES ON ME!!" Not that I'm really trying to attract that much attention, but I'm thinking to myself how cool would that be if I could put these fake nips in my bra over the prosthesis & look like I'm a bit chilly or perky all the time! Might even help me to feel sexy again. Sometimes I think the flat chest but huge nips might cause a lot of curious stares.... something I haven't had a lot of lately.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

girl,thanks for sharing this. this disease,so often,only gets a caucasion face. to see a sista go through it,SURVIVE and live to educate others, is powerful.thanks for sharing this.the boobies look good! are they workin for ya?

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

Go ahead and order them!

After all that you've been through, you deserve to try anything you like.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Ritagirl said...

I haven't purchased them yet...I'm still thinking about it. I did go ahead & take the brave step of going out without the prothesis though. Whaddya know...I'm still a woman afterall! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home