Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Monday, September 17, 2007

Time for a switch up....

Ok... so it's been a full year since I changed my hair. It's locked. It's growing. I don't know how much more I can really blog about just my hair. Don't get me wrong... I'm loving it, but just can't think of what more to say on a daily or weekly basis that may not have been covered previously by other bloggers. Face facts, even though some people like to think I'm a "Supermom", when it comes to the loc-blog I'm just not that popular.


So instead of just completely throwing in the towel, I'll do something different. I'll invite you to peek in as I blog about the things I am grateful for. Yesterday at church our pastor ( John Baschieri- New Life Assembly) mentioned keeping a Gratefulness journal. This way when you're having a bad day you can look back on the good things you have written down. With all I'm going through recently I think it's not a bad idea.


Today- 9-17-07 is my cousin Ricky's birthday. Happy Birthday Cuz.


Today I am thankful as I came from my 6 month appt. for blood work at my oncologist's office- lots of nurses were happy to see me, say I'm looking great, congrats on the contest win, & most importantly my bloodwork is completely normal....no anemia, no high cell counts, no low cell counts.... FINALLY some good news. For years I kept hearing the white cell counts are low, I'm anemic, I need more iron, I need this, I need that...blah, blah, blah. I need to take my health more seriously I know!


Last week I sort of started working out again. Not anything major with weights or lots of time at the gym. I do a power walk on the treadmill for 20-30 min. 1 day a week ( maybe 2 if I find the time) I can do the Gospel Aerobics DVD I got from the library ( Donna Richardson's). Not only does my body get a work out, but my spirit as well. How can you possibly go wrong when it starts out with Kirk Franklin's "Hosanna"?


I am also thankful that I did not have to pay a lot for the dress I will wear for that Pink Tie Ball I'm attending in October. Here I was worried & fretting about spending more than $100 on the dress... money I don't really have.... when I went to Dillard's & found their prom dresses on the clearance rack. Here it is.. for $18!! & the fit is great. Maybe a lil tight around the hips, but I'm working on that... but just not ready to take a picture IN it for you yet.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now all I have to think about are accessories & shoes!
Ok, I'm going to go waste time doing other things on the net now... until I blog again, be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home