Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Hair issue

I keep forgetting to update pictures of how the hair thing is going. Who would have thought that this started out as a hair blog? Well like I said... I watched them go from braidlocs to locs. I didn't see the need to keep taking pictures ever day/week/month to continue watching them. I like the once in a while pic that makes me say "WOW! They are growing!".

This year we had an unfortunate family reunion surrounded by a death in the family. This gave me opportunity to see more natural hair cousins of mine! Anyway... I became my own papparazzi & started snapping pictures w/ people all over the place.This is Alecia who started her locs I think 1 year ago. She was asking me about the ends that don't loc up. Sound like she had the same problem I did. I told her I was advised that after a year if they didn't loc up they never will. I even showed her the few loose ends I still have!






I hadn't seen my cousin Patrick in FOR EVER! I had to be reminded that he was actually at my wedding 12 years ago. Anyway.... my mom & her sisters were not very pleased with his hair. They threatened him w/scissors , wanting to cut the locs off. WHY these Jamaican women are so against locs I don't understand. I also met a cousin who is indeed a practising Rasta. She keeps her locs covered though.




And ME?? YOU BETTA WORK!! I was told this shot that I took of myself looks FIERCE! I don't know. I like the hair, even though I couldn't really do anything with it that day. But I like the way it hangs now that it's finally shoulder length. I do need to take more shots to show the length in the back. Hey Brunsli- thanks for the tie!

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM , Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

Your locks are awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home