Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Starting... stopping... starting again...

My high school reunion is in July. 20 years ya'll! I can't beleive I'm going back to see these people I haven't seen in 20 years! So of course I have to look my best!
How can I? To be honest I'm only 20 lb heavier than I was in high school anyway. After 20 years, 2 kids, & a serious illness I think 20 lbs is forgivable. Unfortunately I don't just see 20 lbs. I'm still seeing the image of me in 2001 at my heaviest.... 234 lbs.
So I make up my mind to start working out again. I research the Couch to 5k program to get me running. I mentally promise to walk maybe 30 minutes a day. I mentally promise to do the Wii Fit thing every week. I even shop around for other workout material. At some point I will actually get serious about this & put those cookies down!

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there!

Life isn't measured by how much our bodies change with time but by who we have become and who we have impacted along the way.

Enjoy the reunion!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home