Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Funny/Ironic story for the "NOT THINKING CLEARLY" file

So I started cleaning out the clutter...starting with the Christmas tree. It was put back in the box on 12/27/09. I figured why wait until January, the holiday is over! I moved it back into the garage & started moving other things OUT of the garage. Things that never should have come over to this new house with me in 2008. My mom is a big fan of knick-knack ceramics...and I'm not. Off to Goodwill they went. There was a bunch of little baby stuff that either never got used or they outgrew. Off to Goodwill they went. I found a drawer full of old knifes & stuff mom gave me when I 1st moved out to help us get started. I'm not sure, I can't remember, but I think OFF TO GOODWILL it went. And then I found somethings I completely forgot about. The unity candle...the knife set...and the champagne glasses from our 1997 wedding.
I remember coming across the candle before and I thought I would burn it when the day the divorce became final. I guess I had other things on my mind & I forgot. So what shall I do?


I thought it would be a sort of funny gift if I gave them to my ex, but seeing how he still hasn't even told me that he's getting married I decided against it. I started to send them off to Goodwill as well, but decided to offer them to my neice instead. The candle I did in fact ignite it.

It was dark outside & it sort of gave off a romantic glow.

I went to bed at 2am and it was still burning, similar to one of those 17 hour pillar candles, so I let it keep going. At 9am when I woke up it looked like it hardly melted any...it was still going! I was impressed. Would have been more impressed if it were scented, but I guess you can't have it all can you? Well I walked away to do some work around the house & returned about 90 minutes later....and WOW!! It was gone into a huge wax puddle.

I can laugh because similar to the actual marriage it was a slow burning beautiful glow that seemed to last forever, but when it hit the catalyst that made it burn faster ( possibly the garter that held it together) things went downhill really fast & guess who's left to clean up the big mess? ME!!

Not thinking clearly? I should have known the type of man he was, but I kept hoping that he would change into the guy he pretended to be. But you can't change anyone or help someone change if they don't truly want to change themselves. I obviously didn't think clearly when I said "I do". And I obviously didn't think clearly when I placed a lit candle in a plastic tub....thinking the wax would just collect & re-harden like it does in a glass jar! LOL!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home