Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Doing the best w/what I got!


That's what I'm doing. I can only do so much w/ the 2 hands God gave me. I'm so sorry that my mother doesn't agree w/my decision to loc my hair. Maybe it just occured to her as I hit the 9th month of loc-dom that this wasn't just one of my odd fashion trend phases that I tend to go through. Remember back in the 80's when everyone had that 1 streak of color in their hair? Remember when the bangs were a different color ( red, blue, even green!) lol. I didn't take it that far, but I wanted to!
Well God answered my prayers.... I found an actual loctician in my own town! I'm getting my locs palm-rolled for the moment, just to see if having it professionally done will cut down on the frizzy state that they are in. She looked at a few of my locs in the back & told me I had been latching wrong- I had a few holes in the loc so she will try to repair those as well. They have a full display of Taliah Waajid Products in the shop & I suppose she will use the "Lock it Up" gel on my locs. I'll be sure to post pics very soon afterward. I just can't wait until my locs are long enough to do Brunsli's hair ties justice!

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

I'm glad you found a loctician, since surely she will make you feel more comfortable about the entry in to lockdom.

Sorry you're mom's not more supportive. In the meantime, you have us!

In my experience, even the most wehement naysayers came around.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locs are making good progress.

I know what ya mean with those hair ties. I went and splurged on several of them and now I can't even wear them becuase it is too soon. However I am able to wear the smaller ones like headbands.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

hey! looks like it's filling in nicely! you're taking pics again,so you must be pleased-and you should be! glad you're going to persever! mine look like yours. when i putl aloevera gel on them and silk scarf,it helps with the frizzies.hth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home