Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Let me clear my thoat"

Nope, not throat. The guy says "thoat". That is the song I heard on the way home this evening as I thought about how I would put into words the blessing I received today.
This morning I thought I would blog about friendship... how hard it is to find a real friend... how sometimes you have friends you don't even realize are real friends. I have been participating on an online message board with a group of women who all had children around the same time I did. We've been chatting since 2004 so we kind of know each other well. I would know them better if it weren't for this doggone short term memory loss! Anyway, of course with all I've been going through they know the trauma I've been experiencing since, oh let's say 2004. They've been there to help me keep my head up. They've prayed for me. They've sent a gift when they thought I would be down in the dumps. They are a great set of friends.... and I've only met maybe 20% of them in person!
Yesterday one of them sent me an email asking how I was doing. I read it like "How are you reeeally feeling". She goes on to say something to the effect of I always sound so cheery & upbeat on the message board, but that can't possibly be true. I kind of had to laugh... I'm being accused of putting on a brave face for a bunch of people that can't see me anyway!
I wrote her back- explaining that my spirituality has greatly increased in the past few years and I do not believe my God would abandon me at this time of need. Things may be hard for the moment, but it'll be easier once I get over the mountain. Think about it. If you've been reading this blog since I started, I've already explained some of my trials & tribulations. How much more does a woman have to go through? I'm not saying that everything in my future is going to be roses, but I think I've been through the "hard" & came throw it fine. I should be able to handle anything else coming my way as well.
So I thought my daily blog blessing was going to be about friendship. But a stop at a small beauty supply changed all that.
Today I am thankful for a God that makes a way out of what I think it no way!
I've heard great things about a product called Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14. Supposedly helps even stubborn hair to grow- great detangler, blah,blah, blah. Since I can't be a product junkie on my own hair anymore I decided to switch the attention to my kids heads. My daughter has developed an extreme case of tender-headedness & my son just doesn't like to sit still long enough to braid his hair. I wanted to get this magic potion & try it out... but it seemed unavailable. Every store I went into & online it was no longer being sold or they've run out. Just at a time I was about to give up & possibly buy it from the highway robbers on eBay, I stopped at that small beauty supply & found a shelf full of the particular product I'd been searching for. He may not come when you want him, but he's always ontime!
Until I blog again, be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home