Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mama Bear is concerned & frustrated!


My son is OBSESSED with singing songs from his favorite 2 DVDs.... the Underdog theme & "Tomorrow" from Annie. Isn't it funny how a few months ago I complained he wasn't talking... now I just wish he had other songs to sing, even though he's still not talking clearly. I mean just out of nowhere, eating our McDonalds last night (tax day sale, buy 1 get1 for a penny).. he takes a bite & starts :


"Da sunnle comout... TOMORROW....dunnnadunnadunna TOMORROW....eh ee sun!"


I kinda like this part...

"TOOOOO-MORROW...TOMORROW...NI NUHYA ....TOMORROW..eeeeonee a day aaaway"


A big improvement from nothing.... but we need new songs!! Do your kids have favorite musical movies? Please give me suggestions. I love the fact that he's motivated to sing & it's helping him develop more of a vocabulary.. but MAN I wish he would latch onto more songs than just those two!



And now that I type out his pronunciations of these lyrics it adds to my concern that he may be on the autism spectrum. Last year he was tested by the local school board & they called is a speech & developmental delay. No... I think something a little more than that is going on here. I mean he's like a normal 4 year old in so many aspects, but then shows so many signs of autism as well. He may be a high functioning autistic or I think they call it Ausberger's Syndrome. I have to look it up. We should know more soon...he's scheduled for more testing this month. Pray for my boy ya'll!

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled on your blog and glad that I did. My last daughter didn`t even babble or make any sounds apart from crying until she was 18 months. Once she did get started she never stopped. Hopefully your son will be the same. She is 8 now so she is into high school musical. Not too sure what is current in the US right now for a 4 year old.

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

Hey woman,
My Kindergartener is also into High School Musical songs and they all like the Disney Mania songs. They are all the Disney songs but sung by the lastest teen bop stars. You can download them on Itunes or where ever you download music from. they also really like the Enchanted soundtrack which is a super cute movie if you haven't seen it as well. Hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home