Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hurting myself & didn't know it.

Well after so many people saying how wonderfully strong of a woman I am...after all I've been through...I should take the time to remember that I am after all a human. If you cut me, I will bleed. Somehow I got convinced I was Wonder Woman & I ignored what should have been a red flag for a major injury.
2 months ago I moved out of our house. Of course I had to do most of the packing myself. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I can sort of speculate on a slight memory I have. If I remember correctly, I dropped the extender leaf from my dining room table on top of my left foot. Yeah....OUCH! But instead of possibly even thinking that a bone in the foot may have been broken or fractured.... I kept working! I would get this pain on the side of my foot & wonder why my foot is hurting... I didn't even remember how I hurt it to begin with.
Fast forward about 2 months and the on again off again pain that I had became constant....affecting my stride and making me walk like a pimp! Not very attractive for a woman of my stature...so I decided it's time for me to go see a doctor. Thank goodness after examining the x-rays they determined there was no break or fracture, just a bruised tendon. AAAAHHHH!!! BUT IT HURTS!! So now I have a prescription for Darvocet...a narcotic I haven't had since my cancer treatment days. Have you ever looked forward to taking a pain killer in your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home