Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, December 28, 2007

The kids' Christmas

The kids had a wonderful Christmas... and in return I had a wonderful day after Christmas. I couldn't sleep on Christmas eve. NOt only did I have to wait for them to fall asleep so I could bring out the presents, but I was just hurting & don't know why. I didn't drink any alcohol in the previous days ( even though I wanted to) but both my arms & legs just hurt. So I sat up talking to my friend Dwain. Talking til 5am about everything & nothing. Haven't doen that type of talking since high school!
So of course the kids wake up around 7:30am & immediately go for the presents under the tree. For a single mom that didn't have a lot of $ for presents, they came out pretty good! So much so my son still had stuff under the tree the next day. They had presents unwrapped, but not opened. My son picked up his huge Tonka dump truck & brought it to me... speaking 2 full sentences to me, "Look mommy, a truck! Open it, please". I know one day he will be talking so much that I want him to shut up, but right now I am so please at the progress he is making. He talks with his teeth clinched at times... don't know why.
And my daughter got one of those Bratz dolls heads. Just the head so she can sit & comb the hair while I'm doing hers or whatever. Back in my day it was the Barbie head (even though I never got one!)and it pretty much was just the head & shoulders. Now that it's Bratz, it starts at the waist. So this leads my daughter & I to have one of the 1st of many breast cancer discussions in our lives. She points at the doll's breasts & says
"Mommy, you don't have those anymore do you?"
I laugh to myself & say "No, I don't".
"Why not?"
"Because they made me sick."
I mean she just turned 5... does she really need to hear the words breast cancer yet?
Then she says "Oh... do you feel better now?"
"Yes, baby...I'm feeling a lot better now."
"Good....I love you Mommy".


Then of course I start crying....

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

Kids are so cute, so innocent. I wish they would stay that way forever. My kids always made me cry with those kinds of sweet innocent comments and questions. Just realizing how lucky we really are to be here and be with them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home