Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, December 14, 2007

So you had a bad day... you've taken 1 down

Name that tune! LOL
Yes, it has been a bad day today. It all started yesterday with a bad headache (amoung other things). I thought it was simply because my ponytail was pulled too tightly to the top of my head. I let it loose when I got home, but it didn't help. I couldn't eat..I didn't want to talk to anyone (big shocker there!), I just wanted to lay down. Good luck w/ 2 kids that just want to play. Suprisingly enough I have 2 very compassionate kids! After making sure my daughter did her homework we went to my room so I could lay down. They actually let me fall asleep while they watched tv & played. Then she comes & puts her blankie over me... the same blankie that she's been carrying around since she was born. The same one during my chemo days when I had a really bad day she toddled over & asked "Mommy sick?" "Yes, mommy sick." Then she put the blankie over me, toddled out of the room & closed the door. OH I LOVE THAT LIL GIRL!
Anyway, so since I can't do hormone replacement therapy & need something to help with these mood swings, sleeplessness, & other symptoms, it was recommended that I begin taking an anti-depressant. I've done the depression thing. I didn't feel I needed to do it again, but I'm willing to try it again. I'm almost desperate for a good night's sleep. So they gave me samples of Lexapro. Things seemed fine the 1st few days, but yesterday the headache started.... and kept growing! UGH!! I've never had anything so debilitating.
This morning I drag myself into work.. thinking I'm just groggy from another horrible nights sleep... and the headache comes back with a vengance! The florescent lights all over the building were getting too bright. I could barely hold my head up. I knew then I had to go home. But how? I knew I was in no condition to drive. Just last month an employee got fired after a reaction to medication that caused her to hit a patrol car. They fined her w/ DUI. I can't afford that. So I walked in to see my LT. As soon as he looked up at me he asked if I was ok. Yeah... I must have really been looking bad. He drove me home. I called the dr. office & explained what I was feeling. After some research they determined 2 things:
1) that I should not have taken the Lexapro at the same time as my other medications and
2)or better yet... I should not have taken Lexapro at all due to the medications I'm also taking!

Instructions are to stop taking it & we'll try again on Monday. In the meantime.. it's time for me to go lay down again after my 2nd dose of painkillers. UGH!!! It's always something w/me, isn't it?

2 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

Sheesh! That sucks woman. Do you ever feel like you are going to be taking medications for the rest of your life? I know my mom has been trying some differnt things for menopause. I will ask her and pass on the info if she thinks anything is making a difference. Get back with you soon!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Ritagirl said...

YES!!! AND I HATE IT!!
So many years of barely taking a tylenol for a headache & now this for pain, this for blood pressure, this fo heart strength or whatever...and now having to add in a so-called happy pill that doesn't make me instantly happy. UGH! At least this past week wasn't as bad as others...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home