Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, December 23, 2007

My other support group

This week we had a Breast Cancer Survivors support group meeting. They used to meet every 1st & 3rd Monday of the month.... but participation had been dropping off. Not that the members were dropping off... but people were just busy with their own lives. Me in particular, I could not always find suitable babysitting services just so I could have some 'me' time twice a month! LOL. So they've dropped the meetings down to quarters. We get together maybe every 3 months. This time was to celebrate the holidays. It was great seeing all the ladies...sharing the pictures & scrapbook of my Atlanta trip & such. A few days later I heard from one of the members who told me after I left another member made a comment about after all Ouida has been through & is going through.... she's looking good! LOL! I have to laugh...cuz all of a sudden I'm hot! I got a barbie doll that looks like me. I got the attention of a truck driver the other day... and sort of got my flirting ability back ( still not good at it, but it did get me his #), and to hear this comment from this member made my week! She's beautiful herself, and to think she put me on the same level as she makes me feel really good.
Then of course there's my other support group that have been w/ me through thick & thin ( yes I mean my weight). My sisters!



We are 3... & I am the baby. The oldest just moved here over the summer... so I see her maybe 3-4 times a week now. The middle one still lives in Chicago, so she came down to spend a little bit of the holiday with us. And since this is the 1st time since maybe 1986 that I know of that NONE OF US have a man in our lives... I thought I would take the picture & we went out for a drinky-poo! LOL. I never wanted to get drunk like back in my college days any more than I do now....but I know if I do it will pay for it dearly! Me & alcohol no longer get along very well. It's the end of a very long friendship. We're not friends... just passing associates now. Do you know I've have a full bottle of my favorite rums & wines in my cabinet & didn't even realize it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home