Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Where are you?

Hmmm.... recently someone commented that they visited my blog & didn't see any pictures of me. That tells me 2 things. I've been spending too much time just talking about what's on my mind... what's bothering me... and that person didn't bother to go too deep into the blog! DUDE!! It started out as a hair blog- nothing but pictures of me!! lol
Well here's me on a night when I felt really cute. I was on my way out... to the club of of course. I can remember having a lot of fun dancing that night. Still disgusted that guys don't know how to dance w/ a woman without having to grope her, but it's alright. My 2 legs still work & these Converse Chuck Taylors were made for walking. NO I DIDN'T WEAR THEM WITH THIS OUTFIT but you get my point.
2 of my favorite things pictured here.... my favorite friend & my favorite hat! We've been best friend since Kindergarten....she's stuck w/me now!

A friend of mine sent me a You-tube link to a video from an artist named Taurus Riley. The name of the song is "She's Royal". That night the song truly lifted my spirits... simply because of lyrics like :

She’s royal, yeah so royal

And, I want her in my life.

I never knew anyone so one-of-a-kind,

no...The way she move to her own beat

She has the qualities of a queen, She’s a queen so (supreme..2)Ooo Ooo

what a natural beauty

Nuh need no make-up to be a cutie...She’s a queen, she’s a queen

And when they ask what a good woman’s made of

She’s not afraid and ashamed of who she is?

She’s Royal, yea so Royal.

And I need her in my life. Never knew anyone so one of a kind

Until the light that I see in her eyes...

Oooh, sing it brother man! Finally I felt validated for not being a make-up slave! Special occasions... sure! But I'm glad that there is a man that can recognize a beautiful face without all the war-paint that is pushed on our society today. Thank you Taurus.... and thank you...you know who.

So my question today... it where is the king that can truely appreciate the unhidden beauty seen before you? lol That's alright. I'm just looking for a friend right now anyway.

Tune in next time when I talk about the Prototypes I've created....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger Sam said...

I loved this, I am going to search for it on Youtube!

Thanks for sharing and love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home