Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Using motivation factors where I can....

I use nikerunning.com with the Nike+ technology in my shoes to track my mileage in my walk/runs. It'll tell me how far I've gone, what pace I kept on average, how many calories burned, and when I set a new personal record I get a recorded message offering congratulations ( like from Lance Armstrong!). It also allows me to set different goals that I don't track on sparkpeople. Like for the month of January my goal was to complete 12 run in 4 weeks, burn 2000 calories, & complete a distance of 30 miles. Today I made sure that I accomplished all 3 by walking 6.84 miles in 2 hours! Lance says that was my longest workout yet!
The month of February will have the same goals kicked up a notch due to some negativity I received. As I told a friend about my goal accomplishments (specifically the 2000 calories burned) he looks at me & says "It's still there you know..."
That was so not funny. Not that I expect him to notice, but in the month of January I did lose 8 lbs. In February the goals are another 12 runs/walks in 4 weeks (mentally I'll shoot for 15), a distance of 35 miles, & 3000 calories burned with a 10 lb loss. Let's see if I can do it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home