Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1st braid-out

Pretty foxy if I say so myself!
I was so proud of my hair this weekend. I've started co-washing...that's washing with conditioner only, no shampoo...and I used a shea butter mixture for the 1st time. Shea butter, olive oil, castor oil, & I cheated with a little "Wild Growth" oil because I cannot find any coconut oil in this town! So I sectioned the hair & ran the mixture down the shaft, sealing the ends, & then cornrowed it. I think I left the cornrows in for a day & 1/2 when I unraveled it to this braid-out creation. I LOVE IT! I wish I could do it more often, but my ends were a bit damageds/split somehow & they frizzed a few hours later. Maybe after I get accustomed to this co-washing regime the hair will be in better condition & I can try it again. After all...I had 4 years of locs & maybe 3-4 conditioning treatments in that whole time. My hair is DRY!

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Thanks for following my blog. I see a lot has gone on. I remember following your lock journey when you first started. I believe I found your blog through Brunsli, looking forward to your new journey :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home