Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Past, present, future...

This was me in around 2001

& this was me in 2005...



This comparison shows me 2 things...1) I don't shop for clothes as much as I should & 2)I was on a good weight loss track. Here in Aug. 2005 I was at my most recent skinniest...probably 157lbs. Before you even ask.... I was in Grand Cayman, the bush was growing in the street & it's NOT what it looks like!
Although I didn't go about the weight loss in the easiest way (after the devastation of having to go through chemo & multiple surgeries due to breast cancer), I am glad I at least got the ball rolling. I fooled myself into believing I was supposed to have high blood pressure... me being over 200lbs had nothing to do w/it, it's just my family history! Well I have found that since losing the weight I am no longer anxious & worried when I have a BP reading. Although I still can't run a marathon (& never could!)I know I am in much better health now than I was just a few years ago. My new goal for 2007 is to try to be in even BETTER health than I am now! I was doing soooooo good, then I said unto all the cookies in the land "GET IN MY BELLY" lol
Some may think it's too skinny, but let's see what'll happen if I actually get down to 150lbs next year.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done wonderfully. Losing the weight is at time easier then keeping it off....you know? I have the same resolution for next year...

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

:) All the best for a healthy 2007!

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Tafari said...

"the bush was growing in the street & it's NOT what it looks like!" (yeah right LOL)

Heres to a healthy, happy, prosperous and many some fresh bush in 2007.

Bygbaby

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home