Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, September 28, 2007

Do You Believe in Love?

I just heard an old song on the radio by Huey Lewis & The News. "Do you believe in love? Do you believe it's true? Do you believe in love... cuz you're making me beleive it it too". I think I was around 10 or 11 when that song came out... and that's about the time I experienced my 1st crush. There was this boy I ... I don't know what I wanted. I wanted to be his girlfriend, but I wasn't doing anything big & heavy. 10 years old? Come on. It would have been a big deal for a boy to hold my hand at that point! Anyway- I can remember listening to that song... wondering if that boy could ever love me the way I thought I loved him. For someone that didn't know what love was...well I guess he did. As I grew older I've found that boys tend to tease the girls they really like... they pull hair, they dunk them in the snow, sometimes even just plain ignore them when they really like them. Hmmm. Where is he now?
Do I believe in love? Yeah, it can happen. It did happen... but it got ruined. This love is damaged beyond repair. Do I want to find love again? That's kind of like asking a dog owner will they buy another dog after losing their beloved pet of so many years. It's not something you can imagine as replacable. It's not something you can just go get another one & it'll work just as good. I sort of feel sorry for any man that may try to get involved w/ me in the future. I mean I know all men are not the same nor do they act the same & have the same habits. I know what it's like to be constantly compared to someone from the past and made to pay for their mistakes. I will try not to do the same to Mr. Next Man... but I guess you can say I'd be sort of scared of making the same mistakes I've seen others make. That's why I vowing (to myself & the few that read the blog) that I will be single for at least the next 5 years as I re-learn what I am about & continue to make myself faster, better, stronger..... That That That That that don't kill me.. can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now...cuz I can't wait much longer! lol
So I'm not a comedian... never said I was!
On the grateful tip... Today I am grateful for the MANY BLESSINGS God has graced me with in the past week. So many things should have had me crying "Woe is me" & "nothing is working out". But my God continues to make a way out of no way. I didn't get the chance to post on all of them, but I know that whoever said there is no God is a bold-faced LIAR!
Til next time I blog.... be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home