Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, December 30, 2007

GOOD ANSWER! GOOD ANSWER!

You know how you have those moments when a response to a comment comes to you way after the fact? Then you're like "I should have said blah, blah, blah or whatever"? Yeah...I have a lot of those. Somehow if I'm being sarcastic or not caring about the person's feelings I can answer quickly. Otherwise I always come up with something I should have said after the person is long gone. Today, this Sunday, wasn't one of those moments.... for I came up with the perfect answer in good timing.
A friend came over to help me with some bicycle issues. While talking he notices I'm wearing lipstick... something usually reserved for special occasions. So he asked, "So you have a new man in your life I see". I get that confused look on my face cuz the last thing I'm thinking of at the moment is dragging another man into my sorry life. Then he says " Yeah- you're wearing lipstick! Who's the special man?" Oh yeah... I did put on lipstick this morning.... for who? I quickly the man's name & answered "JESUS CHRIST". I put on my pretty holiday dress & went to church this morning.... the last Sunday of 2007. Here's to a better 2008....Happy New Year everybody!

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I do that all the time. Quick thinking though!
Happy New Years to you may your new year ne blessed and prosperous!

Take Care
V

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home