Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, November 02, 2007

My last meal...

No my time isn't coming soon. At least not that I know of anyway. I just saw a photo essay in Time Magazine called "My Last Supper" that interviewed these famous top chefs & asked what they would have as their last meal, Of course they came up with all kinds of foods I cannot pronouce & just plain would not wish to try.
It made me think, if I were sure that this was my last day & I could eat anything I wished as my last meal, what would it be?
1st, I think it would take more than 24 hours to gather everything I want.... or maybe if I could just go back to Chicago to make things easier. In no particular order, I will need
  1. 1 slice of Giordano's Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza
  2. 1 Prime Rib from Ruth Chris Steak house
  3. Some of those Pan Fried Louisiana Crab Cakes I had a Emeril's a few weeks ago
  4. I don't know who catered, but whatever company catered my sisters going away party at U of C GSB... the grilled asparagus! I can't get it off my mind!
  5. Emeril's candied sweet potatoes
  6. Some apple-sausage cornbread stuffing (ala Thanksgiving dinner)
  7. A 6 chicken wing dinner from Curt's Chicken on 83rd & Cottage Grove ( GOD I love that Boss Sauce!)
  8. Ice cream from Stone Cold Cremery..... which combination? I'm not sure but I gotta have something from there.
  9. 1 small Beef Fried Rice from Hoe Toy Chinese food on 85th & Stony Island.
  10. Mom's Liver & onions

That's all I can think of right now. Notice it's not all junk food & it's not all fine dining. I like the best of both worlds. There are a few other favorites, but not significant enough to make my FINAL DISH list. Of course I wouldn't be able to eat all of that.... but to be able to taste all of those favorite foods before I go. That would be great, & so sad that I would never have them again. Then again where I plan & hope to go my father has set a magificent table before me in the presence of mine enemies....

I am blessed in the fact that I have once tasted most of these dishes & it is not outside of the realm of possibillty that I may taste them again. I am blessed that I have shared most of these meals with family & friends... old and new. I am blessed that I know for a fact when certain family & certain friends get together we shall share some of these favorites again!

Til I blog again.... be blessed. Now I gotta go get something to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home