Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, January 11, 2008

Simple things can mean a lot!

I am learning to take pleasure in the smallest of things. When my kids do things together like reciting almost the entire script from an Underdog cartoon they watched...or realizing that I do have the ability to mow my entire lawn by myself. Makes me feel pretty good about myself & that I am here to enjoy this life.
And then there's accomplishing things that you never thought you would....or just kept putting off til a later date. Well you know tomorrow is promised to no one. So if there is something I want, I'm going to start making steps to go out & get it. Saving up pennies if I have to....and as long as nothing else in my life suffers to accomplish my goals... that's what I'm going to do in 2008.
So since 1983 I have been CRAVING a pair of pink Converse Chuck Taylor gym shoes. I just thought they were soooo cool... especially while break dancing. Since my son recently got a pair from his father, I got my daughter the pink high tops that I always wanted. Then I thought to myself that it's great to give her things I never got & always wanted, but who says I still can't get it???? I just got them this week. Now I'm officially a cool mom :) HAHAHA! I didn't get the high tops... they would take too long to lace up & are not practical given my daily schedule, you know!

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

I love your shoes! I read that part about your lawn and thought wow I haven't thought about my lawn since October. Our lawn dies here in the winter and we get about 6 months off for taking care of lawns during the year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home