Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Good day/Bay day comparisons...




Some days I really do feel like that shaggy,loc'ed dog breed.... the Puli. I 1st saw it on one of those Pedigree dog shows that run on the USA network. Yeah, it's a cute dog, but I just wasn't hoping to achieve the same look on my own head! I know I've complained about the back view before, but just in case anyone forgot I wanted to remind you how much I'm not enjoying the look of the back of my head! From the side looks ok. The front looks ok. I just can't wait for the back to grow out... just for the purpose of cutting it even I guess. You know, I wonder if the locks in the back can be cut into one of those asymetrical bob type styles so that it can look a bit more professional. I can't tell ya'll how worried I get sometimes about management trying to find some legal loophole to tell me I can't work there w/ hair like this! Did you hear about the policeman in Baltimore ( I think it was Baltimore...) that got fired cuz of his locs? & now they're instituting some law requiring african-american employees to have their hair either cut really short in an afro style, or be chemically altered. Braids, locs, & corn-rows will no long be acceptable in 2007 by their standards (related news story). All I can do is shake my head in disgust & pray it never comes this way...

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi girl!!

Love your blog!! I can see massive improvements from your earlier pictures... it's definitely getting longer and filling in!! Take care of yourself, and make it a GREAT 2007!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home