Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Boy I can't wait!!

I didn't report it, but we had a death in the family recently. It's sad when the family only gets together for sad events like a funeral, or just for a wedding or planned reunion. I would like to see us get together for a nice holiday as well!
Anyway....it gave me the opportunity to see the cousins that inspired me to go natural in the 1st place!
We didn't have any discussions about it really. I just liked what I saw when I saw their hair years ago, so I stopped using the creamy crack. Then in 2003 I saw this cousin that had locs! OH WOW! I always thought it was strange that in a Jamaican family there was not 1 person wearing locs. Was it somehow forbidden? Well seeing this well known older cousin wearing them (& BLONDE ONES on top of that!!) told me that it was ok & I started researching how to start my locs pretty soon after I got home.
It's been about 3 years since I last saw her. I was pretty amazed how long her locs are now...& I can't wait to see if my hair grows so much after only 3 years of loc-dom!
Oh, & yes that is a Brunsli tie I put in her head! If you get a new order from NY or Jersey it's cuz of ME! lol




This is the 1st tie I really... I don't want to say fell in love with cuz love is such a strong word & emotion... but I had to have it. It's called the "Bleu". Blue & Black are the primary colors I wear ( besides Pink) so I thought this would be perfect for me!

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

Your cousin has enviable locks!

I'm so happy you still enjoy your hair ties. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home