Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, February 03, 2007

My new Baby!


Brand spanking new ( to me) & I just couldn't wait to show him off! 1 blue eye, 1 brown, Shar-pei/Lab mix. Still taking nominations on names...of course the real name chosen will probably never get posted, but lets have fun w/alternative names anyway.
Oh...and earlier last week I recieved an email from someone that basically told me to keep my head up...I'm not the only one going through trials & tribulations & such. To that reader I say THANK YOU! It is not only nice to know that I have other people besides my sister that reads my sporatic blog on a regular basis, but that this stranger took time to respond & attempt to lift my spirits at a time when I was really feeling low. That really helped me.
And the locs? Like I said, scissors became involved & got to snipping away at those ends that Brunsli told me would not loc. The loctician I saw last month said the same thing... so I figured "What am I holding on to them for" & started cutting them loose curly-ques off.

Here you can see 2 of the Brunsli-ties I bought myself for Christmas! I'm really loving the one on the right....not sure of the name of it though. White bone with a blue circle thingy.... Help me out Brunsli.
I also think the picture is deceptive...my hair is not really that long, but it looks great-don't it!

UPDATE: Yes, we've chosen a name...and he's so dog-gone cute I've decided to blog about him & his growth as well. Especially since I've been told he's gonna be a BIG dog. You can check out his progress at http://datderchau.blogspot.com/

4 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

I think your hair REALLY is that long and it's grown-and you can't see it b/c it is with you everyday...and no you are not alone.2007 has come in with a bang and Jan was like the loooongest month-it felt like a whole year. my husband has started a new job 2.5 hours away and he's gone through the week. I'm home with 2boyz,fulltimejob and a house to sell. God is definitely challenging His people. This feels like a year of endurance if we stand the trials to the end we will persevere and have a testimony beyond that test. stay lifted.no, you are NOT alone. missed ya and so glad to see they are still there...but I like my curly cues and dont care if they never lock bc I want them around 4evah!lol! isnt it nice that we all can fine pleasure in our individual preferences? by the way, how old are your locks now?

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Mel said...

Hey Ritagirl - your hair is looking great! I hope you have put the scissors down now!

As for your gorgeous puppy - how about Bowie, after David who has two different coloured eyes...

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger brunsli said...

Awww, what a cute puppy! How about "Marcello?"

Your hair tie is called the "Rita," only spelled differently!

How are the curlie q's working out? Did they come back?

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Ritagirl said...

I love the Rita... but what's the blue one? The Rita is the brown one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home