Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Black Disney Princess



I'm glad Disney finally got it together to give us a princess thata finally looks like US. From this picture she's very pretty & I'd be happy to have my daughter owningthe doll, bedsheets, wallpaper, etc. but.... I may be alone on this... "The Frog Princess"?? They couldn't give us a more appealing name? I mean you think of Snow White & Cinderella.... even Belle was the Beauty in Beauty & the Beast...but I I don't see someone called the Frog Princess as synanomous with beauty. Guess I gotta see the movie first. I really feel like it was a "give 'em a black princess so they'll shut up" kind of thing & I'm feeling like "Oh wow. Thanks, but no thanks". No offense, but I'm not so crazy about the name either.... Maddy. It just doesn't ring "Princess" to me. No offense to anyone named "Maddy" of course....

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

Well Said RitaGirl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home