Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Monday, March 12, 2007

One day praise... next day BLEH

After feeling good all weekend about finally hitting the 1 year mark with the locs, somehow today I want to grab the scissors & get rid of ALL the unlocked ends. This would leave me with about 2-3 inches of loced hair. I don't do short hairstyles very well. Seems like the simple solution would be to get them cutting ideas out of my head, right?
What's really bugging me is the ends that are bunched & flat. Then the loose end sticks out of it like a sore thumb. I'm thinking I can go ahead & cut, roll them up every night til I can invest in a set of soft spikes & then maybe I'll be happy. But there's no way to guarantee that.
It all started with cutting a few ends here & there that got on my nerves... & now I can't stop. Anyone else ever been through this?

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

Don't do it!!

I cut my curly ends right off, only to have the ends reopen and be right back where I was, only with shorter hair.

If you can't manage to put the scissors down, do one, and watch it for a month or two before you do the others... in the meantime, do what I do -- hide the ends by curling your hair.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Natural Kinks said...

Yes Brunsli is right or Spray your hair with a little water and and braid it up at night then take the braid down in the morning and it will hide the ends. Ask your consultant if its time to trim of the endz...

Good luck and don't cut!

Bless

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

dont you do it.remember what tra went through. congrats on your year mark!and your masters.what cha gonna do with the kids?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home