Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!


So as I've said before, I'm not cutting my son's hair anymore. It's not long enough for me to put cornrows in yet, so this weekend I experimented with comb coils. I think it looks cute. His dad thinks it's cute. Grandma still has issues & says the boy is no longer allowed in her house with that hair. WHAT!?!?! She says "He looks like a rasta boy" & his great grandmother must be turning in her grave. I don't get it. For a family straight from the island where locs are popular, why such negativity??

I'm glad to report by the end of the evening she had lightened up & was giving hugs & kisses again... but I don't understand why the natural hair styles is such an issue with her.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad to hear that kind of stuff but you really did a great job on his hair!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home