Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, September 30, 2007

SHAKE YOURSELF LOOSE!

I just got into that song by Vicki Winans. I heard it a while ago & it never sunk in until now when I really listen to the words.
"I want you to know you're about to break free.
Jesus took the keys & gave them to you.
SHAKE LOOSE everything that binds you up
Who told that you can't make it when God that you can take it..
SHAKE LOOSE everything that binds you up
Praise him like it's your last chance
Get up & do the day- let's dance.
Don't let the enemy keep you & bind you... Praise your way through. Come on & Shake loose.
Every worry, every care- Praise your way though. Come on & shake loose.
Those chains that bind you should only remind you to praise your way through. Come on & Shake Loose.
Problems? Know that HE will solve them. Praise your way through. Come on & Shake Loose!
SHAKE YOURSELF LOOSE!"

I've come to the realization that I do need to work on letting go & letting God. I think I do pretty good in some instances, but I still keep wondering "WHY" in my mind. Why did this happen? Why did someone else do what they did? Why is what I do never good enough? hmmm What is it going to take for me to realize that I am NOT SuperMom & I cannot control all things. I barely know what I'm going to be doing 2 hours from now, let alone what someone else will do. I can stand over my children & correct their actions if I see them about to take a mistep- but teens & adults? Nope- that's out of my jurisdiction.
I am grateful for the gift of friends. Last night I was priveledged enough to have a few friends come by. 1 friend brought me a gift for my birthday.... a set of mini- photo albums. She says she knows I like to take pictures & hoped I would like it. The covers of the albums is PINK. OF COURSE I LOVE IT! At the same time it sort of hurt that here this woman that I might talk to maybe once or twice a month for a few minutes at a time was able to remember something I like & picked out a great gift for me. Someone else was not able to get (or even make) a Christmas gift for me, saying he didn't know what to get me. Sounds to me like I lived with someone for 10 years that never took the time to get to know me at all. I could harp on this for days... but I won't. It'll take too much time & energy. It's not even worth it. I'm shaking myself loose from this relationship that held me bound, not allowing me to be what I wanted because I had to make others happy. Now as long as the kids are happy, clothed & fed I can do what I wish to make Ouida happy as well. I can truely be the head of my household & not step on any toes. Let's just see how far it takes me. I know it's not an easy road, but it's not completely desolate. Others have traveled it & gotten where they needed to go...I can too.
Until I blog again- be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home