Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My WOW Weekend.

What can I say about his trip? It was much more than I ever expected. From the huge gift bag of goodies presented at check in, the marvelous dinner at Emeril’s, meeting the other moms selected as winners in this contest. My mind was blown away that I was put in the same category as them. There is 1 mom that makes gift baskets for cancer patients as they begin chemo treatment. Another mom was instrumental in bringing breast cancer awareness to foreign countries through the Y-Me Foundation. It kind of left me feeling like “What did I do that was so special?” In turn, when my story was told, the jaws of the other moms dropped & they were in awe of me as I was of them. I guess I am really my own worst critic.
The spa package was absolutely wonderful. I haven’t been so pampered & catered to since…. Maybe since I was a baby in Pampers! Our lunch was served & each mom was called into their particular service room (massage, manicure, facial, etc.) for their appointment. The lesson I learned is to never get your fingernails done with less than 1 hour to get dressed for a big event! I did sort of ruin 3 nails, but no one noticed. I had no idea a facial & a massage could be so relaxing! I will definitely look into receiving similar services for myself in the Ft. Myers area in the future. Having these services done taught me how I needed to take better care of myself.>


At the Pink Tie Ball I was simply astounded in being surrounded by “big money” people! While meeting Jane Fonda I kept thinking “OMG!! I’m shaking hands w/ Barbarella!” and was humbled when she said she was stunned by my story. A big celebrity took the time to read about what I had been through & she took me by the hand & told me how strong I was. These words from a close friend of the great Gloria Steinem (the epitome of a strong woman) meant a lot to me. I plan to print out a scrapbook of my weekend adventures. In my gift bag I was given a framed copy of the magazine ad we appeared in. I also plan on framing the newspaper article, other pictures from this event as well as pictures from the Making Strides walk this coming Saturday. Breast Cancer Awareness month has been a big deal for me in 2007 & I want to memorialize it as best as possible for my children to look at in the future. If not for the activities in 2004 & 2005, they should definitely know how great their mom was in 2007.

Oh I am sooo thankful to my God that has blessed me in so many ways..more than I can say.

Til I blog again, be blessed.

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger brunsli said...

You definitely deserved all of that pampering! What a fanstastic experience this trip has been.

And, I think you must be your own worst critic -- to other people you are a heroine & survivor! It is very moving to learn about your story.

And, it could go without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway -- you look absolutely STUNNING!!

XOXOXO, Brunsli

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

Wow! that is WAY cool. YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

Hey woman!

I hope you don't mind one of the girls from Bright Starts gave me your blog address. Mine is elizabrock.blogspot.com
It was so great meeting you and I plan on reading more of your blog when I have some more time this evening. HOpe you are doing well and glad to hear you had as good of a time as I did on our weekend away! Take care and hopefully talk to you soon!
Eliza

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Ritagirl said...

OH THAT IS SO COOL! Shows how much of a chemo brain I am... I actually forgot that I got the email addresses of the winners last week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home