Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, October 26, 2007

Why the butterfly?

It's not something I like to admit because it was once used against me. I have a real fear of insects. Anything with more than 4 legs creaps me out & I will run... even cross the street... to get away from it. But lately I've actually been attracted to an insect. The butterfly.
Once I stopped dressing so much like a quarterback or short-stop ( in other words, not so tom-boyish & more girly) I notice a lot of the embellishments on my clothes or jewelry I select have a butterfly on them. I didn't set out to purposely select the butterfly. I almost feel like it selected me!
The butterfly starts out as an ugly catapillar. Eww, I'm getting creeped out just writing about it. But catapillars have never been pretty in my opinion. But they go away for a while, wrap themselves up in a cocoon for a while, & when they emerge they are just beautiful! Spreading those wings, showing off those colors.... & loved by most that can understand what it had been through. Sounds like a rather familiar story, huh?

I'm not a fashion model, but for the 1st time I can look at the pictures I've taken in the past 2 months & say WOW.... not just pretty, but beautiful!
I'm glad I'm finally getting to that point within myself. Now I also need to work on being able to believe others when THEY say it!
Thank you Lord for showing me beauty in something I once feared. Thank you for showing me that it's not how you start, but how you end.
Til I blog again, be blessed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Blogger Sogolocs said...

If you ever get the chance to see a caterpillar emerge from a chryalis, you would see a butterfly turn into beauty. It is the most beautiful experience. It may not be something you like though. I will look into more butterfly clothing, I like the idea. You look nice and believe it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home