Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Learning to let go...

This song has been on my mind & heart all day today. It's a gospel song by DeWayne Woods called "Let Go". The chorus says:
As soon as I stop worrying, Worrying how the story ends I let go and I let God Let God have His way That’s when things start happening When I stopped looking at back then I let go and I let God Let God Have his way
My thing is when will I learn to listen and do as it says!? I worry so much about stuff I don't even realize that I'm worrying!
This week it's sort of about my health & spirituality again. I am declaring myself hormonally imbalanced & I need help! I put in a call to my oncologist this afternoon, but of course he's too busy to answer birth control pill questions for someone that's not even 'gettin busy' lately...lol. Maybe tomorrow.
And of course since I'm so hormonal I'm crying at the drop of a hat. I listen to these gospel songs that tell me how "For everything I am... you showed me", "Shake Yourself Loose" "I got the Victory" & and others. They're supposed to lift your spirit. Instead today they made me cry.
And of course for some reason the semi-hot-flashes started again around 3am...so I couldn't sleep. While laying there I thought about the friend I haven't talked to in about a month now....why hasn't he called? Did I do something wrong? Is he ok? Just more for me to worry about. I do miss him, but if I've been cut out of his circle there really isn't much I can do about that... now is there?
That's when I need to remind myself As soon as I stop worrying, Worrying how the story ends I let go and I let God Let God have His way That’s when things start happening When I stopped looking at back then I let go and I let God Let God Have his way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home