Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I want to like you... for real... I do!

Ever had one of those? I remember way back in the day there was this guy. We spent time after school at the mall. We talked on the phone. He would come visit me at home. He was a good guy...just not for me. There wasn't anything really attracting me to him. There's nothing wrong with that... everyone doesn't have that instant chemistry, right? So why does it hurt so much when you don't like someone as much as they obviously like you?
That poor guy kept coming around, kept calling, and calling, and calling...it seemed like forever before he got the hint. Then again, maybe if I wasn't a punk & just spit it out... just said "Hey, it's not working. You go your way, I go mine"? That's my problem... I have problems saying things that I know are going to hurt someone else. Even when it's something that really needs to be said.
That's pretty evident. I kept hoping that one day I would find the love that I once had for my husband... but eventually I just had to give up. Stop shocking it... it's dead.
At least now I'm older & somewhat wiser. I know when something has absolutely no chance of being what I want & therefore I won't waste my time. I'm not going through anymore of the "try it on & see if you like it" deals. If I go shopping... I know what I'm looking for. Next time I'm not settling for less. So if I even have to think to myself "What do I have to do to make myself like this person.... or to make this person like me"..I'm moving on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home