Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Raining on my sunny day....

I guess in a moment where I feel rather good about how my day is going, someone somewhere always has to come along (even if unintentional) to rain on your parade. Some people just can't help but do things to things really bring a person's mood down. Like to have them think they were missed and then only reveal that they were missed for 1 reason... 1 reason only.
Or once upon a time I had a crush on a guy... just a crush, not an obsession. And just like any other crush I've had it faded quickly... allowing me to finally see that he wasn't all that to begin with. He was just a guy. I wasn't even thinking about him anymore when someone felt they had to throw it in my face that he's now engaged. SO!! Newsflash bonehead...we get "ET" & "Extra" here in the US. I probably knew about it before you did anyway!
But anyway... yeah- it hurts to try and establish or re-establish as friendship with someone who eventually shows they are truely not your friend. My idol, Madea, has this line about people being like trees.... some are leaves, some are branches, and what we all really need are some really good roots. I guess this person was somewhere between a leaf & a branch, but definitely not a root. A root is something I will hold onto for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home