Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Watch what you say & what you think.

They say the power of life & death can be found in the tongue...the things you say. I think it is also found in the the things you think as well. I was walking down the street on Saturday and I saw a sign that had the word "EXQUISITE" on it. I think it was refering to some diamonds. So anyway, thinking of that word brought a tiny smile to my face, thinking of a comedy sketch I was almost 15 years ago with Robert Townsend, John Witherspoon, & others. A woman was talking about the dinner party they were attending & she said something about it being "Requisit too..". John Witherspoon's character tells her to "Shut the hell up Ruthie, you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why that simple line was so funny to me... or why it came back to my mind so many years later. I mean that was somewhere around 1987 when I saw that!

So anyway, I continue walking down the street, minding my own business, when I look up into the doorway of what I guess is a hotel & who's standing there talking on his cell phone? JOHN WITHERSPOON!

I'm so shocked I whisper a loud "OMG!! HI!!" & he says hello back. Then I motion "Give me one of those Bang,bang, bang..." & he does. The same Bang, bang from the movie "Boomerang" that I love so much. Honestly, when I really need a good laugh, that does it every time. I start to walk away when it hit me. THIS IS A CELEBRITY MOMENT & YOU'RE LEAVING WITHOUT A PICTURE??? So I walk back, of course forgetting all my manners & not caring about him being on the phone, and ask him for a picture. Then he tells whoever it was to hold on & it it me how rude I was. I apologized & told him to go ahead & finish his call, I just wanted a picture if it's ok. Well, he said it was alright....and the even smiled for me! Another friend of mine says he doesn't know who's cheesing harder- him or me! And of course I immediately started thinking what other celebrities I could conjure up in this head of mine, but unfortunately I came up with none.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

Been a long time since we saw a picture of you!Thanks. I remember his face, I remember he was funny, but I can't remember what programme I saw him on!

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

witherspoon!!! heyyy that's cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home