Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My other John Witherspoon moment...

So here it is a few days after I returned home from my fabulous trip & I start sharing pictures with friends and co-workers. Of course I am most proud of meeting Mr. Witherspoon on the street that day. One co-worker ( then another, and another, and another!) told me that Mr. Witherspoon is playing at a somewhat local comedy club in our area this weekend! DANG! But I already spent my $ & can't get a ticket (or a babysitter!). That's alright, I didn't have anyone to go with anyway, so I let the idea of speaking to him again go.

HA!! While driving in to work this morning, guess who's on the radio taking calls! So I called in...

"Hi John. Boy, it's a small small world! Do you remember over the weekend when you were on 5th St. and some crazy fan came over to you talking about being a cancer survivor & you took a picture with her?"

"Uh... yeah?"

"Well that was ME!!"

"WOW! What are you doing here?"

" I actually live here. I was just visiting when I saw you" and I went on to explain how I was just thinking about him in the few moments prior & then he magically appeared. LOL- it was great talking to him on the air. Now I gotta figure out a way to get this picture to him!

But you know, when I share this picture with some people they say he looks familiar, but they don't remember where they saw him before. We'll the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind was that he was Craig's father in the "Friday" movies with Ice Cube. He also played "Pop" on the Wayan's Bros. show. But like I said, I've been seeing him in bits & pieces on film since the 80's. I hope to continue seeing him for years to come.... we're losing too many good ones now-a-days. R.I.P. Uncle Bernie.


And you know..... R.I.P Melrose. I just found out today that my former neighbor mom passed on to glory this week. Its sad because of us 3 muskateers we've already lost our dads, & now we're starting to lose our moms too. After I got the news I went did exactly as directed by an old campaign slogan from the 70's... "Have you hugged your mom today?". I can say YES I HAVE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home