Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kanye was so on point!

Those bass drums blasting in my ears... I wonder if my neighbor hears. It goes deep.. to the very core of me. I'm feelin' it.... but it wasn't clear til I hit the 2nd verse:




I'm not lovin you, the way I wanted to



I can't keep my cool, so I keep it true



I got somethin to lose, so I gotta move



I can't keep myself, and still keep you too



So I keep in mind, when I'm on my own



Somewhere far from home, In the danger zone



How many times did it take til I finally got through



You lose, you lose



I aint lovin you, the way I wanted to



See I had to go, see I had to go



No more wastein time, we can't wait for life



Which is wastin time, wheres the finish line



So keep ya love locked down, ya love locked down



So keep ya love locked down, ya love locked down



So keep ya love locked down, ya love locked down



You keep ya love locked down, you lose

I think this is on of those things where 15 different people will hear it & get 15 different interpretations from it. All I know is what it said when it spoke to me... and it was so on point. Thank you Kanye. I think I wanna dance now...












And on another but somewhat related point.... today I told a friend about the daily lessons I learn in life. Like the way I saw things before.... if there were something special that I didn't have & it was out of my reach at the time I deemed it to be rare & I would probably never see it again so I better enjoy it while I can. WRONG!




I was walking down the street & saw my 1st Bentley. Heard about Bentley's before. Seen them in movies. Seen them in rap videos (w/ rappers trying to front like they really won them!). I just never imagined I would ever be in a position to be close to one, yet there it is right in front of me. I snapped this shot thinking this was a once in a lifetime thing... I'll never be this close to another Bentley again. NO I wasn't trying to impress anyone with hair & makeup that day, can you tell? Natural Beauty Baby!Anyway.... walked about another 1/2 a city block & there's another one. Hours later I see another one in traffic. Guess they're not so rare after all... I just gotta know what I'm looking for.









Then I passed the Maserati shop. Never been around one. I know for sure I can't afford one. I don't know anyone that can afford one. I thought this will definitely be the closest I ever get to one so I better snap the picture while I can. Til today, a week later... I saw a silver one in all places the parking lot of Target. One of these days I will get it through my head that I am more than a conqueror... I can get things accomplished. If I want something bad enough, nothing it truly out of my reach. I mean dang...look at things I've done.... what I wasn't supposed to be able to do... and yet I've done it! Go ahead girl! Hold your head up! Do your dance! So yeah, like Kanye was saying...
No more wastein time, we can't wait for life
Which is wastin time, wheres the finish line
No one can tell me where my finish line is. I just hope it isn't coming close any time soon. In the meantime... no more wastin time....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home