Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some things you just weren't meant to understand...

People. Is there ever any way you can ever understand why people do the things they do? I remember one of my favorite Tex Avery cartoons was a black cat that just wanted to get away from people. "They walk on ya.... step on ya...walk on ya...step on ya.. walk on ya.... and kick ya!". That cat ended up going to the moon to get away from people. Then he learned that things aren't always better on the other side of the fence ( planet?).

So I don't understand why people do the things that they do. Making a big deal of a legal matter, then when the mediation is scheduled to settle the matter they are a no-show. WHY?
To make statements to a mother like "Did you dress your kids warm enough today"? Would I ever send my kids out in the cold dressed inappropriately on purpose? I mean if I know it's going to be cold, wouldn't I make sure they had their sweaters? WHY?
Or these guys out there purposefully infecting women (and men) with the HIV virus. After asking her new prince charming to wear a condom, he complied, but somewhere during the act he removed it... thereby infecting her. Of course he's disappeared, never to be heard from again. The sad thing is that he's done this to several other women... and seems to be making his way across the country. WHY??? All I can say is thanks for the wake-up call. I hope I haven't come across anyone he's come across.
Or how about opening your life to someone...sharing your world... then suddenly without cause changing their mind and taking it all away. I know I've done it.... just cut people out of my life, but it was after my eyes was opened to the fact they cause more pain than pleasure in my world. No time for that. Would I apologize? No.... it was done for an appropriate reason. But recently a name came to my mind & I seriously wanted to reach out to her. She cut me out of her life for a selfish mistake. Selfish on who's part is still a matter of opinion.... but still it shouldn't have come down to "don't call me again". But then again, since she was able to jump to that so easily & no listen to what I was trying to say... yeah- I guess she was truly a leaf in my tree of life. Never mind....but it still hurts. To be on the outside looking into the area where you once stood...feeling like you've been kicked out of an exclusive club. I wonder if anyone has ever done the same to her?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home