Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mommy..... Grandma.... head!

Let me preface this by saying I love my mom. She has helped me out in so many areas I can't count.... but come on. Sometimes you can take it too far.


























You all remember my son. He's 4 years old & he was recently diagnosed with autism. He has always had an issue with loud noises. We cut his hair for his 1st birthday, but afterward I felt as though we were torturing him with those clippers as he would scream, yell, & cry everytime they were even turned on.... so I allowed him to grow his hair out.

Well I recently decided to start cutting it down to prepare him for frequent trips to the barbershop. No clippers yet, just a low afro. And yes that is the pick w/ the fist in the back of his head...can't rock a 'fro with out for at least a few minutes! lol





Well why did I come home from work the other day & arrive at Grandma's house to find this??

Don't get me wrong... he's still a handsome little boy & this was the ultimate goal anyway, but she didn't even discuss it with me! And of course he cried & screamed at the clippers went around his head, causing him more distress to the point I'm not sure he wants to see grandma anymore. As we got dressed to go to her house for the past 2 days he's whimpered the same statement to me. "Mommy....Grandma, Head" as he rubs where his nice 'fro used to be. He's telling on her. Kinda like "She kicked me" or "He took my doll". He's clearly not happy w/ it.... but at least he is starting the school year w/ a fresh new look. Thanks ma!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM , Blogger Eliza Brock said...

Oh the trauma. Poor kid. He sure is handsome though. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home