Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ever get to that point....(another open letter)

Where you just don't care about not hurting someone's feelings anymore? Ever get to that point where you feel you really need to say what you want to say... get it off your chest? Ever get to that point where you want to tell someone you once admired how freakin' stupid they are?
Somehow I'm the bad one in this divorce, simply because I won't play by his rules. Yes we had an agreement for week long visitation between the kids & their dad for the summer. That agreement was made last summer. That agreement was made based on the contingent that his schedule was supposed to change to allow him to be home with the children during the evenings. Right now he works 4pm-midnight. The kids are in school during the day. Does it make sense for them to spend the rest of the day with a babysitter??? WHAT KIND OF VISITATION IS THAT?? I wouldn't care if the babysitter was their own grandmother... my mom or yours! If 1 parent is not available for more than 8 hours a day & the other parent is, the kids should be with THE AVAILABLE PARENT! It just makes no sense to me....
And we got that diagnosis of autism to deal with. The dr. told me he didn't think week long visitation between two houses was a good idea. His report even states that "With his medical needs he will require a consistent environment with a high degree of predictability". Yet you want to put your son through 1 week here, 1 week there, back & forth just so you can punch a custody time card! I find it very interesting that you claimed to want to be involved in these dr. visits, but never made a single appointment until AFTER I told you that the dr. didn't think the week long visitation was a good idea. I guess you came in to see if I was telling the truth ( and after being married to me for 11 years you should have known I don't lie like you do!!). And now you want special dr. visits for you & your girlfriend to have therapy with OUR son... without me.That's very beneficial for the child... thanks! Not only that.... you are wasting the 20 allowed visits by my insurance for your selfishness. Do you care??? Of course not.
You don't think of anyone but yourself & it's not fair. Not only to me... I'm not even thinking about me at this moment. THINK OF YOUR KIDS! You know what... think of your girlfriend for a minute. Was it fair for you to have her at court with you today... standing out in the hot 90 degree weather waiting for you to come out because you didn't want her in the court room? Was she supposed to be unseen? Was I not supposed to know your entourage made a 2nd court appearance? Tell them if they don't want to be seen then they shouldn't appear! Either that or maybe hang out further than just 2 blocks away from the court house. DUH! All of you deserve each other.
I hope one day she surfs the web... or maybe you will read this, think it's funny & show her, and I hope she will see this as a warning as to the type of man you are. I don't know how many times I had been warned & I fooled myself into thinking "Oh, he wouldn't do me like that.... they just don't understand him". "He only lies to them because they always try to hurt him... he wouldn't lie to me..." Girl, be thankful you are too old to have kids w/ him... but before he digs into your money (if you have any) RUNNNNNNNN!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Blogger Helga said...

Ya, that is really tough. You can see from my blog that I have been dealing with some similar issues. At one point I had to say to myself, ok, my daughter will not die while she is away from me and with her dad. It was that hard for me to let go.

I will just share some Biblical scripture that was a blessing to me when I was going through...

Psalm 24 (To remember that God is always in control, even when we feel alone in our struggles)
Psalm 33 (To remember that God has a plan for your life, and for your childrens' lives, and for your ex's life too)
Psalm 34 (To remember to praise God at all times, that God does deliver us from our troubles, and that God is good)
Psalm 37 (To remember that God does see everything, and that those who seem to be getting away with wrongdoing are also in God's control.)
1 Corinthians 4: 1-5 (This one was so important for me to remember that God alone is my judge, and definitely not family court!).
1 Corinthians 10:11-13
Philippians 4:4-7 (To remember not to worry, but to pray instead. The prayers of the righteous accomplish much)
James 4:1-12 (This one was hard for me, but I needed to let go of being able to have everything go my way).

I hope that this is helpful to you and that you know that I send these notes to you with your very best in mind.

 
At 2:39 AM , Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

I've been reading your blog and I wish you all the best as you go through this. And most importantly, I pray things improve for your son's sake. He's the most important one and I hope his dad makes the right choices for his son's sake, if not for your sake.Be strong, and thank you for opening up your heart.You're in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home