Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Wow... a fun day!










I sent a balloon with a message a few weeks ago..asking for a few new things in my life. 1 thing I really wanted was a friend. Not necessarily a boyfriend or romantic interest, but a friend. Looks like I may have found one!
He's going through pretty much the same thing... a single father of 1 boy dealing with the hurt & pain associated with divorce. He's devoted to his son. Not very often I see a dad devoted to their child that way...I think he may be the 2nd I've come across. Anyway, his son is off on visitation w/ the mom & he's kinda lonely at times. I get kinda lonely too when my kids are away, so I told him whenever he was bored & REALLY wanting to play w/ some kids he could come hang out w/us. Suprising enough to me, he took me up on that offer!

We both live in Florida. The sad thing is that in all this time I STILL have never taken my kids to the beach. They've played in the sand at a lake, but never in the real beach...at the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean. They had a ball running back & forth from the water back to their sand toys. I also learned quite a bit about the little critters that live in the sand as well... like sand fleas & coquinas. But wow- a whole 2 hours of nothing but fun for the kids & 2 adults. No tears or tantrums from anyone... that is until it was time to leave!
In the car my friend played a CD that he's in love with... & I think I may have developed a small crush as well, lol. It's the artist Suzanne Vega...& it's basically a greatest hits compilation. It's not music I listen to everyday, but I would listen to it. Then came along I think it was track #4....OMG!!! That's the song I absolutely LOVE from that movie "The Truth About Cats & Dogs". Yeah, the song is called "Caramel". GOD I wish I had that on my iPod right now.
So in short, it was really nice hanging out w/this new friend. It took a while for the kids to warm up to him ( and there's still more warming up to do) but we all had a good time. He's so cool. Now if I ever found out that he's a Monty Python fan I might start thinking of him on another level! lol
Pictures to come...when I have the strength to get the camera out of the bag!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home