Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Thursday, August 21, 2008

YOU ROCK!!

It's nice to have a team of cheerleaders behind you in life. I've never been a big player on a sports team. I've never been in the top 10 percent of the class (top 12 maybe). I can't say I've ever had this experience before...and at the same time it leaves me feeling like "What did I do that was so special?". Today I started my annual fund raising for the American Cancer Society's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" event. I posted my personal page for donations on another community bulletin board along with a quick wrap up of all the things I had to face while undergoing cancer treatment (because I'm new & they didn't know me then). I did get a few donations & a big YAHOO post from someone I call a friend:
Ouida - I freakn' BOW TO YOU!!!!! You are so amazing. Every time I read your story I am truly amazed an honored to call you my friend. As all the others have said, it's not just that you beat this..... but that you beat it with your beauty, smarts, and sense of humor in tact!!! You are just amazing!!!! I was so proud to be able to light a luminaria in your honor when my aunt walked in the Relay for Life.
Seriously, whenever I get down, or start to feel sorry for myself, I think of you in that beautiful pink gown, grinning from ear to ear, getting ready to dance the night away, and you keep me out of the pit of depression. Not only did you beat cancer, but you have a kick-azz crazy cool job, you are rasing awesome kids, you deal with a knucklehead ex, and you manager to look like a super-model doing it AND you can maintain a sense
of humor through it all!!
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY OUIDA!!!!!!


LOL- stuff like that really makes my day. I love that I can share my story to get the attention of women across the country (or even the globe) to bring awareness to this cause. I love that because I suffered at a young age my story serves as a reminders that it doesn't only occur after the age of 40... it can happen at any time. I mean I didn't intend to become a Breast Cancer poster child or anything... but if it helps someone else along in their journey then so be it. I had 2 women that helped me during my time & am happy to help anyone else I can in this situation. But you know during times like this where I'm feeling some something (or someone) continually tried to beat me down, others remind me of how smart & strong a woman I am.

I SO TOTALLY ROCK!!

So...if you enjoyed my blog & want to support me in my efforts for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event...please make your donations here.
Ouida's Making Strides Page

I've also ordered a supply of metal caribeners in the shape of a Pink Ribbon. I used my plain one to hold all my keys & clip it to a belt loop or onto my purse (the few occasions I carry one!) I am selling them online for the cost of $6, and of course all profit goes toward the Making Strides event. If you would like to order one (or ten) please post & let me know. Just wondering if the idea would be worth it for me to establish a Paypal account or not. BTW- there's no inscription on the 1's I ordered.

Photobucket




1 Comments:

At 1:00 AM , Blogger JustMeX3 said...

Dude, I want one, but it will be a week or so!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home