Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Monday, November 10, 2008

Historic moment..



A clever little thing sent to my cell phone recently:

Rosa sat... so Martin could march.
Martin marched.... so Obama could run.
Obama ran... so our children & grand-children could FLY!


I really love that one. The feeling I had that night knowing that in the future I will be able to tell my son that he can go as far as he wishes...that there would be no excuses in him not succeeding but for himself.
I can't begin to describe the feeling I had the 1st time I saw the collective picture of the 44 Presidents... mostly in Black & white.... but of course they were all white...until NOW.
I hate that his race had become so much of an issue in this election... but this is America. They talk about his inexperience... his views on abortion... his views on foreign oil... blah blah blah... but you know it all came down to that 1 thing. I think the fact of bringing the controversy w/ Rev. J. Wright up again just a few days before the election was dispicable & showed just how scared the Republican party was. And felt they had to scare the rest of the country into believing Obama's former (?) church was somewhat racist & hateful. Hmmm...Point the finger & you get 3 pointing back at you!
I am glad that the country is willing to make a change for the better. Thank you America.

And stop sending out those hateful text messages... just cuz your candidate lost. Your horns are showing and it ain't funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home