Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Friday, August 29, 2008

From this day forward....

You know.. before I met Dwain I was fine in my angry world. I wasn't interested in trying to date anyone. I wasn't trying to meet anyone. I was concentrating on school, work, & my kids. Then school ended... & I guess because he was looking for someone he convinced me that6 months alone after seperation was enough time to heal & it would be ok for me to date again. He was sooooo wrong.
So I followed his advice & started seeing guys & I can honestly admit that it is one of the greatest regrets in my life! I felt so much better... safer...in my box alone. No one to lie to me. No one to play Jedi mind tricks on me. I had my kids who needed me. I had ME that needed me. I didn't really need anyone else but Jesus at that point.
Well Dwain is gone... and I'm glad I never developed any interest in him in THAT way cuz it looks like I'll never see him again. I'll miss the talks though. & I'll miss his daughter. I think that cutie girl is the reason I even spoke to him in the 1st place!
So I'm pretty much starting over where I left off last year when I met him. I swore off relationships & dating. Said it was gonna be 5 years before I date again. Let's get real. I'm not dating til my birthday of 2009. Here it is in bold print... I'M NOT DATING UNTIL NEXT YEAR! So sorry Shemar... we can just be friends for now. Not that I was chasing or looking for that special someone... but I know have need to concentrate my efforts elsewhere. There's a poster above my bed that says it perfectly about the next man that comes into my life.

" A woman's heart should be buried so deep in Christ
that a man should have to seek him first to find her"

So that's where I'll be. If that makes me 'holier than thou' then so be it... deal with it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home