Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye pal

I hate when this happens. Just when I think I've got a new friend, it turns the other way & it's not to be. Or at least not the friendship that I wanted. Earlier this year I met this guy. We talked, we hung out, he helped me w/ issues around the house, I listened & gave advise about his love life or lack thereof. I thought things were going pretty well. We would talk once or twice a week. We saw each other every Sunday at church. Nothing going on between us... just friends. Heck, we didn't even sit together at church so I don't think this was a case where I was getting too close or he was getting too close & then we ran.
What I think happened is he went & got a real GIRLFRIEND. A woman introduced herself to him & they started spending a lot of time together. He didn't talk to me about the other women he was dreamin about anymore.... then soon he didn't talk to me at all. No more phone calls... no more drive by visits. He sits w/her at church now. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I don't want to be a 3rd wheel.
I'm not hating on him...but just rather disappointed. I was good enough to listen to his stories about his long distance relationships w/ women across the country or out of the country. He gets into 1 locally & I'm basically pushed out. It just would have been nice to know that my friendship w/ him had some sort of value, but like Madea says...people are in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Guess he was just a season. Hope it works out for him.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:31 AM , Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

I had a female friend who acted like this...Hope your cutey-pie is over his hair cut trauma.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home