Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Monday, September 08, 2008

Funny... or maybe not

So I get a phone call today from someone I didn't think I would hear from again. I disappeared on him (so he says) and it's nice to know that my prescence was indeed missed. We talked about a lot of recent events in our lives and eventually it got down to a sort of lecture on self esteem. I say I'm not dating anyone... not trying to date anyone... not looking to date anyone... & he says "No kidding.. look at how you dress!"
How I dress is a reflection of how I'm feeling that day... but for the most part outside of a work uniform or church clothes I will more than likely be seen in a baggy tee-shirt & jeans. " Why do you cover yourself up so much?" he says. According to him (and I guess others) its a part of the reason I don't have a man right now. I explain the tee-shirt & jeans are comfortable & sometimes I honestly don't WANT to be seen. I don't want the attention from others. When I do, I know how to dress. Just this past weekend I did something completely out of the ordinary... going out to Wal-mart in some tights & a form fitting shirt. Yup- I'm curvy & I didn't hide it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't like it something I need to hurry and do again. When I got home I immediately put my XXL tee-shirt back on. I said it once, I'll say it again. It's hard taking the tomboy out of the woman!
So my friend goes on about how I shouldn't have to hide myself.. I am a beautiful woman & should be proud to show everyone. Men are attracted by what they see. All those curves walking past... they would have to pay attention to me. Jeans & teeshirt... "ugh" he says. That's not the kind of woman that men look for.
Valid points.. true. But do I really want a man that was simply attracted to me because of the outline of my body in a short skirt or low cut top? Nah- you can keep that. What's important to me is that the man likes/loves me for who I am.. not what I can wear..what I look like. I want someone that can see what's going on in this damaged heart of mine & if he is not be able to repair it himself be willing to be patient & hold it while it heals. Someone to laugh along with me. I don't go looking for men based on physical attraction alone...I want to get to know the person inside. Hopefully my next man will feel the same. lol- see ya next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home