Make that Change!

What's going through this sistah's head (and around her head!) on a daily basis?

Saturday, September 06, 2008

What's new at the zoo?


So I finally got the courage or whatever it takes to take the kids on a trip on my own. No dad. No Grandma. Just the kids & their mom. We went to visit my friend and his son. Then we took our first trip to the zoo.
I was actually impressed that my son didn't freak out with all the big animals. It was sort of comical when a large bird walked out amoung us through the bushes & it scared him. The bird was walking all slow like "WHAT?? WHATCHU GONNA DO!!" lol Whatever it was it was large enough to stop those other people in their tracks.


He specifically requested to see the elephants ... repeatedly requested! "EHE FANTS MOMMY!! EHEFANTS!!" My daughter actually got the opportunity to feed a giraffe and she wasn't scared! Of course when we saw the sea creatures we couldn't stop singing the "Barbara Manatee" song from "Veggie-tales" in our heads or out loud.













The Zoo adventure ended on a cool note... stopping to see the orangutans & a baby came up to the window to say hello to us. Typical... it gravitated toward me sitting in the corner. Then I can only guess the Mama came over & put her hand on the glass. Then this big Simian looking one started coming over... and I announced it was time to go. I didn't want to stick around to find out if he liked visitors or not. Nevertheless it was a great outing w/a new friend. All the kids enjoyed each other's company. My daughter also got introduced to "Pee Wee's Playhouse" thanks to this visit... my friend has the box set DVDs that I didn't know existed until now. lol


1 Comments:

At 6:15 AM , Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

It's probably not the first time, but you've been tagged. If you've done it before, then no need to do it again!The rules are on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home